ATLANTA – North Alabama's Carter Goodwin made it three-straight editions of first-time ASUN Conference Men's Golfer of the Week winners on Thursday, as the Hoover, Ala., native was selected by the league office for the recognition. Goodwin took home individual medalist honors and led the Lions to a 13-stroke win at the Grover Page Classic. He posted rounds of 71-68-68 to finish with a 9-under-par total of 207.
ASUN Men's Golfer of the Week
Carter Goodwin, North Alabama
Senior | Hoover, Ala.
- First Career ASUN Golfer of the Week award; seventh all-time accolade in North Alabama history
- Took individual medalist honors and led the Lions to a 13-stroke win at the Grover Page Classic
- Compiled rounds of 71-68-68 to finish with a 9-under-par total of 207 at the Jackson Country Club in Tennessee
- Sealed the win with a 25-foot putt on the 18th green to edge Jay Nimmo (Murray State) and Bryson Morrell (UT-Martin)
- UNA combined to sign its team scorecard with a 21-under-par 843; the Lions ran away from Bellarmine (-8)
Other Nominees: Jakob Falk Schollert, Austin Peay.
ASUN Conference, Atlanta – the only DI conference headquartered in the ATL, our footprint's primary media, sports, business, transportation and cultural hub
The ASUN, a Division I conference member of the NCAA, boasts a membership of institutions that share visionary leadership, bold ambition and creative innovation. As a nimble adaptive conference, unafraid to blaze a national pathway for better service to our student-athletes, teams, and institutions, the ASUN has a proud history of firsts, national academic and athletic achievements and a conference culture that walks the walk with its four ASUN Beams. Students First! Rise. Connect. Impact. #ASUNBuilt by Austin Peay (Clarksville, Tenn.), Bellarmine (Louisville, Ky.), Central Arkansas (Conway, Ark.), Eastern Kentucky (Richmond, Ky.), FGCU (Fort Myers, Fla.), Jacksonville (Fla.), Jacksonville State (Jacksonville, Ala.), Kennesaw State (Ga.), Liberty (Lynchburg, Va.), Lipscomb (Nashville, Tenn.), North Alabama (Florence, Ala.), North Florida (Jacksonville, Fla.), Queens (Charlotte, N.C.) and Stetson (DeLand, Fla.).