ATLANTA - North Alabama's Taylor Floyd, Austin Peay's Erin Eisenhart, Jacksonville State's Claire Ochs and Stetson's Sophia Groom earned this week's ASUN Conference Volleyball honors, announced by the league office on Monday. All four recipients took home the first honors of their careers with Floyd named Player of the Week, Eisenhart tabbed Defensive Player of the Week, Ochs selected Setter of the Week and Groom receiving Freshman of the Week accolades.
Volleyball Player of the Week
Taylor Floyd, North Alabama
Senior | Outside Hitter | Louisville, Ky.
- First Career ASUN Player of the Week award; first-ever in North Alabama program history
- Began the week one kill shy of a double-double in the Lions' sweep of Alabama State (9 kills, 11 digs)
- Was named to the Morehead State Comfort Inn-Vitational All-Tournament Team after totaling 42 kills and 40 digs
- Tallied a double-double in each of North Alabama's three matches in Morehead, Ky.
- Also added six blocks and a service ace to her stat line helping UNA improve to an 8-1 start this season
Other Nominees: Jayme Scott, Bellarmine; Kendall Haywood, Central Arkansas; Erin Shomaker, FGCU; Jenna McNamara, Jacksonville; Katie Montgomery, Jacksonville State; Trinity Watts, Liberty; Jada Divita, Lipscomb; Mahalia White, North Florida; Nyah Molina, Stetson.
Volleyball Defensive Player of the Week
Erin Eisenhart, Austin Peay
Junior | Defensive Specialist | Huntsville, Ala.
- First Career ASUN Defensive Player of the Week award; first all-time honor for Austin Peay
- Recorded back-to-back 20-dig matches for the Governors in wins against Northern Kentucky and Toledo
- Notched 21 digs against the Norse while adding five assists and three services aces
- Tallied a career-high 27 digs along with three aces in the Govs' five-set victory against the Rockets
- Capped the weekend with 12 digs and an ace in a three-set loss to No. 21 Western Kentucky
Other Nominees: Leigh Maher, Central Arkansas; Josie Schmitendorf, Eastern Kentucky; Dana Axner, FGCU; Kariana Ayala-Drew, Jacksonville; Erin Carmichael, Jacksonville State; Lydia Burts, Liberty; Addi Pelham, Lipscomb; Mattrice Harris, North Alabama; Rocio Moro, North Florida.
Volleyball Setter of the Week
Claire Ochs, Jacksonville State
Graduate | Setter | Chesterfield, Mo.
- First Career ASUN Setter of the Week honor; first-ever for the Jacksonville State program
- Dished out 111 assists through 10 sets last weekend to help the Gamecocks remain undefeated
- Averaged 11.10 assists per set in three victories, surpassing 30 assists in every match
- Recorded 32 and 34 assists against Nicholls State and South Dakota State, respectively, on Friday
- Finished the weekend with 43 more in the win against in-state foe Samford
Other Nominees: Anna Myers, Central Arkansas; Chelsey Lockey, FGCU; Delaney Dilfer, Liberty; Sophia Hudepohl, Lipscomb; Breylee Linder, North Alabama; Nyah Molina, Stetson.
Volleyball Freshman of the Week
Sophia Groom, Stetson
Freshman | Middle Blocker | Orlando, Fla.
- First Career ASUN Freshman of the Week honor; 15th all-time award for Stetson
- Averaged 2.78 kills per set and 1.33 blocks per set at the Stetson Invitational
- Finished a perfect weekend for the Hatters with 25 total kills and 12 blocks
- Hit .511 for the week including a .600 hitting percentage to open the weekend against SIUE
- Helped the Hatters to their program-record 8-1 start to the 2022 season
Other Nominees: Laci Bohannan, Central Arkansas; Carson Ledford, Eastern Kentucky; Sophia Hudepohl, Lipscomb.
2022 Season Award Winners
Sept. 12 | Player: Taylor Floyd, North Alabama; Defensive Player: Erin Eisenhart, Austin Peay; Setter: Claire Ochs, Jacksonville State; Freshman: Sophia Groom, Stetson
Sept. 6 | Player: Molly Michalak, Eastern Kentucky; Defensive Player: Ella Ratzloff, North Alabama; Setter: Delaney Dilfer, Liberty; Freshman: AG Vandagriff, Eastern Kentucky
Aug. 29 | Player: Erin Shomaker, FGCU; Defensive Player: Dana Axner, FGCU; Setter: Chelsey Lockey, FGCU; Freshman: Laci Bohannan, Central Arkansas
ASUN Conference, Atlanta – the only DI conference headquartered in the ATL, our footprint's primary media, sports, business, transportation and cultural hub
The ASUN, a Division I conference member of the NCAA, boasts a membership of institutions that share visionary leadership, bold ambition and creative innovation. As a nimble adaptive conference, unafraid to blaze a national pathway for better service to our student-athletes, teams, and institutions, the ASUN has a proud history of firsts, national academic and athletic achievements and a conference culture that walks the walk with its four ASUN Beams. Students First! Rise. Connect. Impact. #ASUNBuilt by Austin Peay (Clarksville, Tenn.), Bellarmine (Louisville, Ky.), Central Arkansas (Conway, Ark.), Eastern Kentucky (Richmond, Ky.), FGCU (Fort Myers, Fla.), Jacksonville (Fla.), Jacksonville State (Jacksonville, Ala.), Kennesaw State (Ga.), Liberty (Lynchburg, Va.), Lipscomb (Nashville, Tenn.), North Alabama (Florence, Ala.), North Florida (Jacksonville, Fla.), Queens (Charlotte, N.C.) and Stetson (DeLand, Fla.).