ATLANTA - With seven postseason spots already clinched, this weekend's action will finalize the field for the 2022 ASUN Conference Volleyball Championship. Four teams (Stetson, Eastern Kentucky, Austin Peay, Jacksonville) are in contention for the tournament's No. 8 seed. The Hatters have the inside track to the final berth only needing one victory to return to the league tourney for the fifth consecutive season. This would mark the first-ever appearance for the Governors, the second in-a-row for the Colonels and the first for the Dolphins since the 2021 Spring season.
Follow @ASUNVolleyball on Twitter for live updates throughout the season.
Match of the Week
Stetson at North Florida | Nov. 11 | 7 PM
This week's highlighted matchup sees the Hatters traveling to the River City to face off against the Ospreys. Stetson is looking to reach the 2022 ASUN Championship and a win inside UNF Arena on Friday would secure the berth for the visiting squad. The Hatters are 3-7 in their opponents' venues this season while UNF has only played once on its own floor, a 3-1 victory against Jacksonville last Sunday. The all-time series is 27-12 in favor of the Ospreys but Stetson was victorious in the teams' last meeting earlier this season on Sept. 24. North Florida has won the last three matchups between the squads inside UNF Arena.
What to Watch For
- Five ASUN squads are within the top 85 teams in the most recent NCAA RPI Rankings of the season: FGCU (49), Jacksonville State (60), Kennesaw State (67), Lipscomb (77), Liberty (82); Central Arkansas (114) and Austin Peay (122) rank inside the top 125.
- The Flames' Delaney Dilfer ranks seventh among Division I student-athletes with a total of 1,104 assists this season while FGCU's Chelsey Lockey is 14th with 1,042.
- The Eagles' Dana Axner enters the weekend only 53 digs away from tying the ASUN Conference record for the most in a career.
Austin Peay (12-13, 5-9 ASUN)
Previous Matches: L, 3-0 vs. Jacksonville State* | W, 3-0 vs. Kennesaw State*
Upcoming Matches: at Central Arkansas* (11/11; 7 PM CT - ESPN+) | vs. Jacksonville State* (11/13; 1 PM CT - ESPN+)
- The Governors opened last weekend with their second consecutive sweep, defeating Kennesaw State to remain undefeated in all-time matchups with the Owls.
- Tegan Seyring (11) and Mikayla Powell (10) each reached double digits in kills against the Owls while Erin Eisenhart tallied 19 digs.
- The victory against KSU kept Austin Peay in the running for the final spot in next week's ASUN Championship in Nashville.
Bellarmine (10-16, 4-10 ASUN)
Previous Matches: L, 3-0 at FGCU* | L, 3-0 at Stetson*
Upcoming Matches: at Queens* (11/11; 4 PM) | vs. Liberty* (11/13; 1 PM - ESPN+)
- Bellarmine's struggles continued last weekend as the Knights suffered straight-set losses to Stetson and FGCU on the road.
- Jayme Scott led the Knights with 12 kills against the Hatters on a .345 hitting percentage; she also recorded three digs.
- The Knights enter the final weekend of the regular season needing victories against both Queens and Liberty for a chance to compete in the postseason.
Central Arkansas (18-9, 10-4 ASUN)
Previous Matches: L, 3-0 vs. Liberty* | W, 3-0 vs. Queens*
Upcoming Matches: vs. Austin Peay* (11/11; 7 PM CT - ESPN+) | at Kennesaw State* (11/13; Noon CT - ESPN+)
- The Sugar Bears extended their winning streak to four matches with a sweep of Queens before falling at home to the visiting Liberty Flames.
- Alexis Stumbough (16) and Jamiryana Hall (11) combined for 27 kills against the Royals on Friday while Alexis McDaniel tallied 11 digs.
- UCA looks to sweep the season series against Austin Peay when the teams meet on Friday; the Sugar Bears defeated the Govs, 3-1, on Oct. 22.
Eastern Kentucky (14-14, 5-9 ASUN)
Previous Matches: L, 3-2 at Stetson* | L, 3-0 at FGCU*
Upcoming Matches: at Liberty* (11/11; 6 PM - ESPN+) | vs. Queens* (11/13; 1 PM - ESPN+)
- Weekend losses at FGCU and Stetson have made Eastern Kentucky's hunt for its second consecutive conference postseason bid more challenging.
- Molly Michalak (21 digs, 19 kills) and Sarah Mitchell (18 digs, 14 kills) each had double-doubles in the five-set loss to the Hatters.
- The Colonels need to earn victories against Liberty and Queens if the squad hopes to compete in the ASUN Championship next week.
FGCU (21-6, 11-3 ASUN)
Previous Matches: W, 3-0 vs. Bellarmine* | W, 3-0 vs. Eastern Kentucky* | W, 3-0 vs. Stetson*
Upcoming Matches: at Jacksonville* (11/11; 7 PM) | vs. North Florida* (11/13; 2 PM)
- FGCU's winning streak now sits at five matches after the Eagles swept Stetson, Eastern Kentucky and Bellarmine last weekend, all inside Alico Arena.
- ASUN Player of the Week Lily Felts averaged 4.33 kills and 2.67 digs per set in the wins, notching double-doubles against the Hatters and Knights.
- The reigning conference champions enter the weekend's slate of matches with the ASUN Championship's top seed still within reach.
Jacksonville (10-16, 4-10 ASUN)
Previous Matches: L, 3-1 at North Florida* | W, 3-2 vs. North Florida*
Upcoming Matches: vs. FGCU* (11/11; 7 PM) | at Stetson* (11/13; 1 PM)
- The Dolphins opened the weekend with a five-set victory against rival North Florida in the first of two River City Rumbles.
- The team was led by a 19-kill, 11-dig double-double performance inside Historic Swisher Gymnasium from Jenna McNamara.
- The Dolphins still have an opportunity to secure a berth in the conference tournament but need victories against FGCU and Stetson.
Jacksonville State (22-5, 10-4 ASUN)
Previous Matches: W, 3-0 at Austin Peay* | W, 3-0 at Lipscomb*
Upcoming Matches: vs. North Alabama* (11/11; 6 PM CT - ESPN+) | at Austin Peay* (11/5; 1 PM CT - ESPN+)
- Jacksonville State clinched a berth in the 2022 ASUN Championship with a sweep of Lipscomb on Friday, followed by a straight-set defeat of Austin Peay on Saturday.
- Claire Ochs recorded an average of 13.50 assists per set against the Bisons and Govs to earn the Setter of the Week honor for the second time this season.
- JSU competes at home for the last time this season against North Alabama before facing APSU for the second time in eight days.
Kennesaw State (16-8, 9-5 ASUN)
Previous Matches: L, 3-1 at Lipscomb* | L, 3-0 at Austin Peay*
Upcoming Matches: at Lipscomb* (11/11; 7 PM - ESPN+) | vs. Central Arkansas* (11/13; 1 PM - ESPN+)
- Kennesaw State is now on a three-match skid after dropping road matchups to Austin Peay and Lipscomb last weekend.
- Dani Ballou notched a double-double with 11 kills and 11 digs against the Govs; Shelby Dennis led the team with 17 digs.
- Ballou tallied 15 kills against the Bisons while Dennis notched 25 digs; the Owls battle Lipscomb again in Nashville to open this weekend's action.
Liberty (19-7, 12-2 ASUN)
Previous Matches: W, 3-0 at Central Arkansas* | W, 3-1 at North Alabama*
Upcoming Matches: vs. Eastern Kentucky* (11/11; 6 PM - ESPN+) | vs. Bellarmine* (11/13; 1 PM - ESPN+)
- The Flames have now won eight matches in-a-row after defeating North Alabama and Central Arkansas; Liberty has only dropped six sets over that span.
- Three players reached double-digit kills against the Lions, led by Kate Phillips' 19; Liberty held UCA to .034 hitting in Sunday's victory.
- The Flames line up against Eastern Kentucky on Friday inside Liberty Arena needing one victory to ensure themselves a share of the ASUN Regular-Season Championship.
Lipscomb (13-12, 10-4 ASUN)
Previous Matches: W, 3-1 vs. Kennesaw State* | L, 3-0 vs. Jacksonville State*
Upcoming Matches: vs. Kennesaw State* (11/11; 6 PM CT - ESPN+) | at North Alabama* (11/13; 1 PM CT - ESPN+)
- After suffering its second consecutive straight-set loss, Lipscomb bounced back with a key victory against Kennesaw State.
- Caroline Stogner led the Bisons with 19 kills and 12 digs against the Owls; Berkley Mischler (15) and Logan Gish (14) also reached double-digits in kills.
- Lipscomb enters the final weekend of the regular season tied for third in the league standings before next week's ASUN Championship in Nashville.
North Alabama (13-13, 3-11 ASUN)
Previous Matches: W, 3-1 vs. Queens* | L, 3-1 vs. Liberty*
Upcoming Matches: at Jacksonville State* (11/11; 6 PM CT - ESPN+) | vs. Lipscomb* (11/13; 1 PM CT - ESPN+)
- North Alabama defeated Queens in four sets inside Flower Hall to put an end to its eight-match losing streak.
- Taylor Floyd led the Lions with a double-double performance against the Royals (12, digs, 11 kills) while Ella Ratzloff recorded 22 digs.
- Maggie Sullivan averaged 2.25 blocks per set in last weekend's matches to earn both hers and the UNA program's first-ever Defensive Player of the Week honor.
North Florida (11-15, 8-6 ASUN)
Previous Matches: W, 3-1 vs. Jacksonville* | L, 3-2 at Jacksonville*
Upcoming Matches: vs. Stetson* (11/11; 7 PM - ESPN+) | vs. FGCU* (11/13; 2 PM)
- After falling in five sets to Jacksonville on Friday, North Florida responded with a victory against the Dolphins on Sunday to clinch a postseason berth.
- Mahalia White set a UNF program record with 28 kills in the second matchup against JAX; she added 10 digs for a double-double.
- UNF ends the regular season in the state of Florida against Stetson and FGCU before heading the Nashville for the ASUN Championship.
Queens (6-21, 1-13 ASUN)
Previous Matches: L, 3-1 at North Alabama* | L, 3-0 at Central Arkansas*
Upcoming Matches: vs. Bellarmine* (11/11; 4 PM) | at Eastern Kentucky* (11/13; 1 PM - ESPN+)
- Queens suffered two losses on the road to Central Arkansas and North Alabama last weekend.
- Alleigh Johnson (7) and Victoria Wood (7) combined for 14 kills against UCA while Jesse George led the team with nine digs.
- Johnson was one kill away from a double-double against the Lions with 15 digs.
Stetson (15-11, 6-8 ASUN)
Previous Matches: W, 3-2 vs. Eastern Kentucky* | W, 3-0 vs. Bellarmine* | L, 3-0 at FGCU*
Upcoming Matches: at North Florida* (11/11; 7 PM - ESPN+) | vs. Jacksonville* (11/13; 1 PM)
- After falling on the road to FGCU, the Hatters returned home to DeLand and earned victories against Bellarmine and Eastern Kentucky.
- Anabelle Standish recorded a 15-kill, 12-dig double-double in the sweep of the Knights; Standish (17 digs, 16 kills) and Elena Djokovic (16 kills, 11 digs) had double-doubles against EKU.
- The Hatters control their own destiny as they enter the final weekend of the regular season needing one victory to clinch a berth in the 2022 ASUN Championship.
ASUN Conference, Atlanta – the only DI conference headquartered in the ATL, our footprint's primary media, sports, business, transportation and cultural hub
The ASUN, a Division I conference member of the NCAA, boasts a membership of institutions that share visionary leadership, bold ambition and creative innovation. As a nimble adaptive conference, unafraid to blaze a national pathway for better service to our student-athletes, teams, and institutions, the ASUN has a proud history of firsts, national academic and athletic achievements and a conference culture that walks the walk with its four ASUN Beams. Students First! Rise. Connect. Impact. #ASUNBuilt by Austin Peay (Clarksville, Tenn.), Bellarmine (Louisville, Ky.), Central Arkansas (Conway, Ark.), Eastern Kentucky (Richmond, Ky.), FGCU (Fort Myers, Fla.), Jacksonville (Fla.), Jacksonville State (Jacksonville, Ala.), Kennesaw State (Ga.), Liberty (Lynchburg, Va.), Lipscomb (Nashville, Tenn.), North Alabama (Florence, Ala.), North Florida (Jacksonville, Fla.), Queens (Charlotte, N.C.) and Stetson (DeLand, Fla.).